If she doesn't become a lawyer (given her love of argument and her pathological need to have the last word) or an actress (given her flair for the dramatic and love of storytelling) or an author (obviously), she'll be a linguist or an etymologist. She might be all of those things.
She employs puns to their fullest:
- Watching DangerMouse - DM and Penfold land on top of the Toad and announce, "You're under arrest."
Mabel: He is, because he's lying down so he's resting, and he's under them!
- Me, starting the car again after a quick return home for something it turned out we hadn't actually left behind: "To the pool, take two."
Mabel: "But you're taking three."
- The day after we saw our friend and her new(ish) baby: "I remember meeting Baby V like it was yesterday."
- "Can you compare a pear?"
- Europe! That's like syrup! Do they eat syrup in Europe? And watch the movie Up?
- In a grump, casting around for things to hate: "I don't like Miss P's bike. I don't like the colour of your glasses. I don't like the shape of our car. ... I don't like the colour of seethrough."
- "It's as dark as a bedroom."
- "It's as yummy as bum."
|Possibly a little yummier than bum|